FOUNDER & LEAD CONSULTANT
I believe Human Resources and Talent Management are critical levers to achieve social justice and equity in our workplaces. In 2016, I created HR ReDefined, a consultancy focused on designing a “new workplace” grounded in the principles of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI).
Meet the team
We’re proud to have a diverse, committed and amazing set of contributors who support our work.
Share Power & Decision-Making • Tell A Story • Lead with Empathy • Challenge the Status Quo
- DEI Works Collective
- Ascend Public Charter Schools, Brooklyn, NY
Member, Board of Trustees
Areas of Expertise
- Employment Policies w/ DEI lens
- Organizational Assessments & Workplace Audits
- Talent Management Strategy
- Management/Leadership Coaching
- Conflict Resolution
My background is atypical for an HR professional.
- 10+ years in Fortune 50 companies: (Marketing, Information Technology, Corporate Philanthropy
- 15+ year in the social sector leading teams and coaching senior leaders
As an HR team leader for over 10+ years, at Teach For America and The Mission Continues, I developed talent management systems and workplace practices that centered the needs of team members, limited bias decision-making and fostered transparent communication. Time and time again, we saw higher rates of staff satisfaction, increased staff retention and better overall performance.
I am driven by practical problem solving and showing what equity and inclusion looks like everyday in the workplace. It is my mission to build organizations that are diverse, equitable, and inclusive. It’s not only a moral imperative, but fair workplaces drive tangible results and create a better experience for all people.
Outside of work, you can find me walking around New York City parks and bridges or watching the pros shows off on the Food Network.
Education & Certifications
- Certified Mediator, New York State’s Office of Alternative Dispute Resolution and Court Improvement Programs
- Professional in Human Resources (PHR), Human Resource Certification Institute
- University of Georgia, MBA (Terry College of Business)
- Saint Francis College (Brooklyn)
Alison K mason
Graphic Designer & Communications Specialist